Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Muncie
You know you have to defend your home. Beyond everything else, it provides shelter for your loved ones and is where you keep your valuables. But what is the ideal type of home defense? Whether or not to use 24-hour monitoring is one of the leading considerations you need to make. Learn more about the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Muncie and get a better sense of what’s right for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s protection bridges to a professional monitoring team that is prepared to provide help at all times. When an entrypoint sensor trips or a fire alarm starts to sound, your monitoring agents are issued an immediate notification. They will work quickly to validate the alarm and contact the proper emergency services.
On the other hand, an unmonitored system doesn’t have a backup team. You could think of this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if an alarm sounds, you must take action to get it resolved. This possibility is the more affordable route, but it also comes with less peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Muncie
Here’s a brief breakdown of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a support system in place is always a good choice. If you are not on site, not awake, or without access to your phone, your home and those inside will still be protected.
- Quicker response: Monitoring professionals are always standing by to help. They’ll react in a speedier fashion to incidents than you can alone.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems could make you eligible for a reduction of your home insurance premium.
- Superior equipment and seamless integration: By getting hardware, installation, and monitoring from a trusted home security expert, you will get access to a fully connected system with sensors and alarms that may be of a higher quality than what you will discover independently.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Cost: There is a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Have to get a professional install: Countless individuals would rather have the job done by skilled professionals, but some might want to do it by themselves.
- Must sign a contract: You will typically have to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This may be agreeable for many as home security is a benefit you will want indefinitely.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Muncie
Here’s a quick overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t need to pay a monitoring bill.
- Install yourself: DIYers may deem this to be an advantage as they can handle the installation themselves and not have an added fee. Other residents may prefer going with an experienced technician.
- More Flexibility: You are able to integrate devices whenever you desire - and from your choice of manufacturer. Taking that into account, you may find incorporating into a cohesive system more challenging.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be a third party monitoring your alarms. If an urgent situation arises, it’s up to you to get assistance.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What happens when you don’t have your cell phone and don’t see a security alert? This circumstance will generate more stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Calls for your total attention: Due to the fact you are the sole person in control, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- Connecting the system is up to you: If you require help during the install, you may have to hire someone else. The installation is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Muncie
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in Muncie from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored system is the ideal choice for your family. Dial (765) 221-8081 today to get started.