How Does Geofencing In Muncie Integrate With A Security System?
Modern home security solutions are getting increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, you may still fail to complete basic security tasks like arming your a security system, closing the garage, or locking all your doors.
What if you never had to concern yourself with these chores in the future? With geofencing in Muncie, you can simply leave the house and let your home security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Muncie For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual boundary along the sides of your house, which you may customize within your smartphone app. The technology then utilizes your cell phone to determine when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart devices take advantage of to share information with one another. The technology assists your home security by grouping all elements onto a single network. You are then able to institute specific boundaries around your home and assign particular actions if you move beyond the prearranged border line.
To illustrate, shortly after you leave your property, you can set your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing can alert your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
Here are a handful of the technologies you may manage with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is just one way you can utilize your home’s security system in Muncie. When accessing the security app, you can do a lot with automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to activate at predetermined times. Have your lights start to lower to tell you that it's bedtime, or disarm your alarms when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make certain equipment activate based on another activity. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the fan when a smoke detector goes off. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway if your security camera detects unusual motion outside.
● Set a scene: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that function in unison. Have your smart bulbs switch off, the A/C go down, and the smart locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for TV night with the right light and HVAC settings.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to set the security system as you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Muncie
Whether you desire additional certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (765) 221-8081 or submit the form below to start designing your ideal security system.