Here is what our team is doing to keep our customers and team safe amid concerns of COVID-19. Learn More.
Vivint Security Monitor in Muncie
September 23, 2021

Should I utilize a security camera as a baby monitor in Muncie?

Should I utilize a security camera as a baby monitor in Muncie?

When setting up your child’s first room, you carefully followed steps to build the crib, painted the walls a soothing pastel, and installed a fully-stocked diaper-changing area. You’re now ready to figure out the way you're going to keep an eye on your newborn. You could go with the standard monitor that allows you to hear on a separate listening device, or you can go high-tech and utilize HD video, two-way talk, and activation motion detection.

The high-tech version may make you think of video surveillance incorporated in a comprehensive home security system, but should you use a security camera as a baby monitor in Muncie? 

What features do you need in a baby monitor in Muncie?

In the olden days, a baby monitor was quite basic. You place a component with a microphone in close contact to your child’s bed, which sends audio signals to a receiver that looks like a walkie talkie. Fortunately, baby monitors now offer many more features. To illustrate, many monitors now have HD video and two-way talk. You may even connect many monitors to your home’s wireless signal so you can wander throughout your home. The leading baby monitors in Muncie are so sophisticated that they are similar to inside surveillance in both capabilities and cost.

Would you replace your baby monitor with a home security camera?

Due to the fact that baby monitors and home defense cameras share many of the same features, you have quite a few parents in Muncie linking their nursery to their comprehensive home security package. This approach is beneficial -- specifically when using to a Vivint smart home -- as your baby monitor will include:

Night vision video: Your surveillance system should include 1080p HD resolution, and infrared functionality for night vision.

Two-direction audio: You won’t always have to go into the room to quiet your child back to a gentle slumber. A comforting word may be all you need to keep your little one asleep.

Sensors and alerts: Even though it’s an option to have your surveillance system continuously watch your baby sleep, your attention could begin to waver. Conversely, if your security camera detects anything unusual, you can configure it to deliver a message to your smartphone. Perfect when the baby silently tries to climb out of the crib or when your family dog wanders into the space.

Video recordings: The majority of baby monitors aren’t able to save the video. Now you have the ability to send a short segment to a relative or family friend to show them what a beautiful sleeping baby you have.

Mobile phone monitor: In lieu of lugging monitoring equipment with you, you can watch from a simple smartphone app. You can even say hello to your tot and babysitter if you’re able to get a night out.

A security camera baby monitor can be part of your smart home installation

The nice thing about utilizing a security camera as a baby monitor in Muncie is that it can link to your corresponding home security and home automation products. So, for example, if you observe that your little one is having trouble falling asleep, you are able to make adjustments to your thermostat from the security app to make it more comfortable. Or when they rouse for their midnight feeding, you have the chance to slowly illuminate the nursery’s smart lighting to show you will be there soon. And if you have two or more kids in separate spaces, you have the ability to furnish each one a security camera and monitor the video in a unified cell phone application.

An indoor security camera in Muncie is a key component of your overall home security system

If you want a home security camera to use as a baby monitor or you just need to upgrade your residential protection, get started by contacting Secure24 Alarm Systems. A Vivint specialist will carefully explain all the possibilities and work hard to configure the right security system for your property. Place a call to (765) 221-8081 or submit the following form.

Contact Us For A Complimentary Quote For Your Muncie Home Security System
Complete the form below or call (765) 221-8081 to obtain your free quote on an ADT monitored security system for your residence.
By clicking Get Quote, I consent to Secure24 Alarm Systems's use of automated dialing technology, prerecorded/artificial voice, email, or text messaging to contact me at the phone number and email provided about Secure24 Alarm Systems and ADT offers. I understand consent is not required to purchase. CA Residents: Do Not Sell My Personal Information